Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Oooo, I wouldn't have told that one...

Here's one of those things that you just couldn't make up (link).

Well, I guess you could make it up. In fact, it reminds me of a joke...

...WHICH I won't tell here. In summary, the joke concerns a church revival in which members of the congregation come down to the altar and confess their sins (murder, adultery, coveting, the works), and after each confession, the preacher says "Well, that's a terrible sin, but God loves you." And finally a man comes down and tearfully proclaims, "Pastor, I'm so ashamed: I've been doin' it with a goat." Everything goes stone silent. PUNCHLINE: The pastor says: "Ooooo, I wouldn't have told that one."

One final clarification: I grew up country in Brown's Summit, N.C., and I can say with great confidence that the vast majority of my friends and peers 1. Never had a mule for a girlfriend; and 2. Never grew up to become anti-abortion terrorists.