Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Announcement

OK, Andy Rhinehart has made a couple of comments about this, so I'm just going to come clean. Please view this in the spirit of disclosure and not horn-tooting.

Yes, I won the S.C. Journalist of the Year award Friday in Spartanburg. It was something I always wanted to win and I'm very honored by it.

That said, I came home and packed the plaque away in a box and I don't want to look at it, talk about it or think about it. Journalism is full of people who introduce themselves by talking about their awards, and I guess that's fine, but I don't want to be like that (Work is done and then forgotten; that way it lasts forever. -- Lao Tzu).

Hell, I haven't even told my mother yet.

So anyway, that's what happened and please don't think I've gotten a big(ger) head because of it.