Friday, March 04, 2005

Picture of Dorian Conover

My good friend Jim Swofford reads this blog, and good friend that he is, he struggles mightily to understand what the hell I'm talking about. That's what your old friends do: the rest of the world just moves on to the next blog.

Anyway, this morning he wrote with a theory of why I wasn't convincing him of much: He hasn't actually seen me since the 1980s, back when I was basically a scrawny little liberal college boy. His mental image of me, he said, dates to 1984.

"This doesn't have a big impact on the Iraq war or the budget deficit, but I
thought you might be interested anyway. I'm working hard to take you
seriously, but heck, you're 20 year younger than I am."

So, in case the rest of you are wondering, I these days I look like a cross between George Clooney and John Wayne, only smarter and more physically intimidating. Oh, and chicks dig me...