Thursday, March 03, 2005

big thoughts, small stuff

Just a quick post to keep the blog active. Here's what's whipping around inside today's mental cuisineart:

1. Plumbing: After Mr. Rooter spent Wednesday a.m. snaking out my line ($183), we spent the night at my mother in law's thank to a Total Plumbing Disaster brought on by a load of laundry. You don't want the visual, or the scratch and sniff. (Update: resolved)

2. Nanotech ethics: How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? What if they're SMALL angels? Spent all day at the nanotech ethics conference in Columbia. Very interesting stuff, and somebody should have been blogging it. Podcasting this stuff is just a no-brainer, I think.

3. Great news: an old friend has gone into rehab again!

4. Can't figure out when I'm going to write the podcasting story, and I'm still crossing my fingers that Adam Curry is going to write back. Still, with guys like Winer, Cone, Slusher, the AREA 51 crew and some other practitioners, I've hit some high notes.

5. Beers last night with a friend on the paper who just GETS IT, instantly, on what this new medium means for us. He'll be blogging in a matter of days.

6. Andy Rhinehart called: the HJ is going to launch its Go Upstate aggregator tomorrow. They are so kicking our butt on this, but I don't feel bad about it. They've earned that status by doing the damned work, you know.

Gotta run. On deadline. Two hours in the car and I still don't know my lead.