Wednesday, March 09, 2005

SUCCESS!!! (sort of)

I just got back in from a very interesting meeting with a friend and checked my work e-mail: sure enough, there were the links to the podcast I'd made, thank you very much web guys.

So I updated the new blog with the real links, then tested the direct download link.

It's running, but VERY slowly. One of the web guys wrote in the ;ast note that they were going to be "monitoring bandwidth" with this up and that, in future, I should make smaller files (17 minutes came out to 16.2 MB -- about average for a podcast, I think).

It's entirely possible that I've over-reached our abilities, but we'll see what happens. Sometimes the only way to find out whether something will work is to see what breaks when you road test it.

And now, to make and eat the first meal of a very long day...

(3/11/05 EDITING NOTE: For whatever reason, the link to my blog is coming up with THIS blog's URL on it when you click the link. I just checked and that isn't a function of the html tag applied here, so I'm not sure where the problem is. If you want to go there, you'll have to go manually.)