Friday, March 25, 2005

Blogging the neo-pagan story

For those of you who don't know this, last January i thought it would be a good story to get to know the local pagan scene (neo-paganism is the fastest growing religious category in the country... a somewhat misleading stat in that the group is so small and poorly defined that big increases are easy to produce ... but I digress). I started going around, meeting people and groups, and pretty early on I decided that I should follow these people for a year before writing any story.

Last week I proposed my concept for the story and requested a May 1 run date. This week I had dinner with a couple of priestesses from one group and attended a meeting of the other.

And this morning I couldn't sleep, so I got up and created a blog just for the neo-paganism story. Its purpose is to allow the people who are "in" the story to participate in the creation of the story (link).

I know that other people have blogged stories, but I'm not aware of anyone who has blogged a story with such a large and diverse group of people. I don't think such an approach is doable or wise for all stories, but I'm excited about its potential here. One way or another, I'll learn something.